St. Gabriel School Track and Field Meet
St. Benedict High School – Cambridge
Friday May 17th, 2019
Dear Parent(s) and Guardian(s):
Greetings!! We are awaiting the warm weather as the students in Grades 4 to 8 have been preparing and looking forward to participating in their School Track and Field Meet on Friday, May 17th at St. Benedict H.S. All students will travel by bus to the high school. We will leave St. Gabriel at 9:15 a.m. and will return by about 2:30 p.m. School Council is covering the cost of the bussing; a sincere thank you to them.
All students from grades 4 to 8 will sign up to participate in one track and two field events or one field and two track events. Any student who is unable to participate in the meet due to injury/medical reasons is asked to bring a note to their classroom teacher prior to the day of the meet. These students could be helpers at the meet, depending on their injury or medical reason.
This should prove to be a fun day as the students participate in their events. Preparation is the key. We ask that you make sure that your child is prepared with the following:
- a nutritional lunch in a cooler, if possible
- plenty of water
- sun screen is essential
- blanket/towel or lawn chair to sit on or cover up with ( Please, no tents or shelters.)
- track pants, sweatshirt, shorts, t-shirt, wind pants and jacket, and suitable running shoes. Layering is the key to being comfortable in our ever changing weather system!
- umbrella and/or hat for the sun – there is very little shade at St. Benedict – the students need to cover up
- rain gear if the weather prescribes it
The use of phones and electronics will not be allowed during the day. Thank you for your understanding.
Please find attached permission forms along with a schedule of events. Note that the times are tentative and we may be running ahead or behind what the schedule outlines. However, the order of events will not change.
The students and staff would like to invite you to come and watch and cheer us on during the day. Students will be asked to stay on the field in the centre of the track.
Students must return their forms by
Friday, May 10th, 2019
St. Gabriel Staff Gr. 4-8